- Dixon has a job that he enjoys AND he actually gets a paycheck. On a regular basis.
- I got to watch my three older boys all serve the members of our ward today blessing and passing the sacrament.
- Turner is turning 8 and getting baptized next month.
- Hayden has finished his Eagle and we are planning his Court of Honor.
- Regan is playing concertos on her violin. She just moved up to a full size. My baby girl.
- Cooper is reading.
- Landon has over half of the required merit badges for the Eagle badge.
- Porter loves going to seminary.
- Hayden is almost done with his mission papers. We should have a mission call within a month.
- I am running a full marathon on Saturday.
- Dixon is happy.
- Turner reads books about physics. For fun.
- Porter went on his first date and lived to tell the tale.
- Regan can't stop talking about "when I'm old enough to babysit." It will be here before I know it.
- Hayden and Porter are best friends. They are always together.
- Landon has become so independent and responsible.
- Dixon is happy.
- Cooper has become social! He talks and plays and laughs with his friends. Hooray!
- Hayden will be ordained an elder and go through the temple in the next couple of months.
- Turner is loving basketball. And I laugh and laugh when I watch him play because his play style reflects his personality.
- Porter grew out of his awful childhood stage that only lasted 14 years.
- Turner started an awful childhood stage that had better not last 14 years.
- Landon wants to skip a grade so that he can leave earlier on his mission.
- Regan sings at the top of her lungs in primary. I love it so much.
- Hayden is playing in the orchestra for Les Mis. I can't wait.
- Dixon is happy.
- Cooper sits on Landon's lap every Sunday at church.
- Porter had to say the Sacrament prayer three times today to get it right but it was ok because Hayden was right there beside him.
There are still hard things in my life, but there are so many tender mercies that remind me that I am watched over and loved. My world is turning upside-down with Hayden leaving, but he is so excited and so ready that I can't really be anything but excited for him. We have messed up in so many ways in our lives and in our parenting, but somehow it is all coming together for the moment.
4 comments:
You are so amazing, Les! You deserve every moment of happiness that you get. I actually heard about Hayden turning in his paperwork over the pulpit during Stake conference. Your parents did great speaking and they are sure proud of him. :)
I can't believe Hayden is old enough to leave on a mission, so crazy! So many amazing things that happen in life. :)
Can't wait to hear about your marathon! And tell Dixon we are so happy that he is happy.
I Love you & your family so much! I am happy for you!
Loved that.
Post a Comment