Thursday, October 8, 2009

A few pictures

I've been so swamped with school starting. I've got one in high school, which includes 6 am Seminary, on in middle school and two in elementary, and of course two at home still. They all leave at different times, with middle school being the latest, so I'm doing the off to school routine for about three hours. And then I have a few hours to clean, fold laundry, volunteer at school, work on my calling, exercise, plan piano lessons, cook, and try to have a little fun when I can squeeze it in. And then the kids start coming home. Two from elementary school, then the high schooler and middle schooler get home around the same time because Hayden is in sports. Then we have practicing, homework, and I teach piano lessons two days a week, we have Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, violin lessons for three kids and of course housework and cooking and of course playing outside while the weather is still dry.

So that's why I've gotten a little behind on my blogging. Currently I'm at my parents. I just finished teaching a piano lesson Turner just started a second TV show (we don't have TV at home, so it's extra exciting for him to get to watch something!), so I figured I would blog quickly and add some pix from my dad's computer while I'm wating. (I teach piano at my parents house on their lovely Steinway grand piano.)



Anyway...shall we go back to September for a moment? I'd like to--it was a lot warmer then.

We are trying to be frugal this year and save on gas. It really helps having Dix unemployed, he doesn't have to commute any more. Wait a minute...I guess that's part of why we're being so frugal! :) Anyway, the school is less than a mile away and so far we have ridden our bikes every day. Porter rides his bike to the middle school, too, which is several miles.
Landon, first day of third grade.
The kids' bikes. Our next door neighbors ride their bikes, as do the kids across the street, but most of the rest of the kids are driven, ride the bus or walk. We're the few, the proud, the cyclists!
Regan, first grader!

Cooper loves riding in the bike trailer. (except on those mornings when it's forty degrees out...brr)

Turner learned how to ride his two wheeler this summer and is really good at it. He not only keeps up, but frequently leads the pack!


One day when I was over at my parent's house, I went outside and saw this little squirrel on the sunflower. If you can, click on the picture to get a closer look. The squirrel is sitting on the flower, reaching around and eating the sunflower seeds. So cute.




3 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

Good to get an update. Sounds like our lives are similarly frugal and crazy busy.

The Woolf Pack said...

Cute squirrel. I think it's great you guys bike, more people should. We run/bike Dax to school. (I run, he bikes)The best part is you don't have to mess with the parking lots!

sherree said...

Great Pictures!!!Love the bikes that's awesome.I wish we lived closer I so want Mckenna to take piano lessons.we have a beautiful old piano and nobody can play it.